Meegan B. Colclough
Meegan B. Colclough
Direct Phone: 251.517.4472
Direct Fax: 251.517.4505
– Volunteer Mobile, Inc. Heart of Gold Award for Civic Betterment (2008)
– G. Marie Daniels Leadership Award (2007)
• Organization and formation of sophisticated business entities, as well as series and classes thereof, in jurisdictions across the country, including LLCs, GPs, LLPs, LPs, LLLPs, business corporations, nonprofit corporations
• Partnership tax planning
• C Corporations and S Corporations
• Disregarded entities
• Formation and applications for tax-exempt status including:
o IRC § 501(c)(3) (charitable, etc.) entities
• Operational issues including public charities, private foundations and supporting organizations
• High dollar net worth estate tax and income tax planning for families, family offices and family businesses
• Drafting wills, trusts, and nuptial agreements
• Business succession planning regarding transition of family LLCs, partnerships and corporations.
• Trust reformations and probate controversies.
• Conservatorships and guardianships
• State law and tax structures
• Purchase price allocations of consideration in tax efficient manner regarding assets
• Tax free reorganizations under IRC §368
• 1031 exchanges including direct, and three party exchanges involving qualified intermediaries and qualified accommodating owners.
• Timber tax transactions
• Conservation easements
• Inbound and outbound transactions
• Disclosures of foreign accounts to the IRS and to FinCen including filing FinCen Form 114
• Structuring of domestic entities for foreign clients
• Structuring of foreign entities for domestic clients
• Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program advice
• Withholding and bilateral tax treaty issues.
• 1031 Exchanges
• Sales and Acquisitions
• Income tax controversies from audit to
Appeals to Tax Court and federal court
• Offers in compromise and innocent spouse
• State and Local
• Income tax
• Sales and use tax
• Ad valorem tax
• Excise tax
University of Alabama School of Law, LL.M.
University of Alabama, J.D.
University of Alabama, B.S.
U.S. Tax Court
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
• Mobile Bar Association
(Chair of the Lawyer Mentoring Committee,
2015; Treasurer, 2013; Assistant Treasurer,
• Baldwin County Bar Association (Social Chair)
• South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program
(Full Board Member)
• Alabama State Bar, Pro Bono Celebration Task
• Estate Planning Council of Mobile, Inc.
• Federal Tax Clinic (Past Board Member)